Monday 22 September 2014

Welcome to Paper Turns!



I have been making greeting cards since I was a child, and in 2008, I decided that one day I will create my own label. Here it is: Paper Turns by KD Urschel!

Paper Turns greeting cards are designed and handmade by me. I am most inspired by the great variety of Japanese papers and crafting traditions, such as origami, and I combine these traditional materials and styles with elegant modern card stock, including German printed card stock, as well as ribbons, buttons, bamboo, feathers,... None of my cards are completely flat or include just one texture; on the contrary: each Paper Turns card combines many different textures, and whenever I use print designs I replicate parts of the pattern in 3D.  

  • You think a greeting card can sometimes be a gift in itself and should thus be made with love and care?
  • You find the texts that are printed on greeting cards cheesy, but can’t find a good selection of tasteful blank cards?
  • You are bored by the standard motifs on store-bought cards and are looking for birthday cards without presents and cakes or wedding cards without brides & grooms, champagne glasses and rings?
  • You like handmade cards, but don’t have the time / energy / ability / materials / creative vision / [insert your own reason] to make them yourself?

You have come to the right place! Let me design and make the perfect card for you.

My first collection can be found in the Paper Turns Etsy shop, and I will introduce all the designs that are currently available for purchase on this blog shortly. I will also start working on a smaller Winter/Holiday collection soon, and plan to introduce it in early/mid November. I would be happy to custom-design cards for you as well.

I hope to hear from you soon!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment